Thursday, March 13, 2014

COLORS! (13/31)

The most common type of synesthesia is grapheme to color. This is where the person with synesthesia sees letters and numbers as having colors. There's also grapheme personification, where the synesthete perceives the letters and numbers as having personalities and/or relationships with other letters and numbers. Another form of synesthesia is object personification, when the synesthete perceives objects as having personalities or relationships with other objects.
 
Here's my numbers and alphabet.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

11 comments:

  1. My favorite color is probably red. And I don't think that I have synesthesia, but I do see numbers as having personalities, but since I have been tested for it, when my parents thought that I might have it a long time ago, and my doctor said no- it's probably just a figment of my own crazy imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. four is red, and one specific song is a rhinoceros.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like red orange and blue, this is a very interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like sepia. Also that's pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that burgundy is a pretty cool color and I didn't know that it was that defined, Al has it also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same types of synesthesia, and I also perceive time (months and years) as having a spacial orientation. Your alphabet is completely different from mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm hmm, tell me your alphabet. Or tell me later, that works too.

      Delete
    2. Also, time having spacial orientation... I mean, does it make sense? Are later dates farther away? Must help with planning, organization, and time management.

      Delete
  7. wow that is awesome but I don't want to have it at the same time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really not a bad thing, and it's kind of cool to think about. Seriously, it's not even something you really think about a lot, it's just part of life.

      Delete
  8. I had a student who had synthesis, Hopper, & was thrilled when he found the book A Mango-Shaped Space. Have you read it? Pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing about your personal colors!

    ReplyDelete